Pumpkin Protein Ice Cream! (fat-free, sugar-free, low carb)
Tis the season of all things pumpkin and I swear Canada gets none of the good stuff!
All over IG I see endless pumpkin flavored goodies from my American friends, but so far all I’ve been able to find are pumpkin Oreos (I don’t even really like Oreos, but I had to try them) and pumpkin coffee.
Both are good, BUT not as good as this!
-whey protein (I recommend Diesel by Perfect Nutrition in French Vanilla)
-cashew or almond milk (sugar-free, I like the cashew for lower calories)
-pumpkin puree (make sure puree, not pie filling!)
-0 calorie sweetener of choice
-cinnamon and/or pumpkin pie spice
Optional thickening agent: xanthan gum
Optional toppings: sugar-free syrup, fat-free cream cheese, nuts, nut butter, sugar-free chocolate chips, granola, sugar-free whipped cream
- Add a splash of your milk of choice (I chose cashew) to a blender
- Throw in ice cubes (I used 2 dozen) and pulse
- Add pumpkin puree (1/3 cup), protein (1 scoop),vanilla, cinnamon, & sweetener of choice (I used Splenda and a bit of brown Sugar Twin)
- Blend, blend, blend until you reach desired consistency (you may have to scrape the sides down with a spatula once or twice)
- Top with your favorites: post-workout I added sugar-free syrup, puffed rice, sugar-free chocolate chips, and fat-free cream cheese!
-make sure you have a GOOD blender to blend the ice
-add more or less ice/milk/pumpkin/protein depending on the consistency, flavor, and macronutrient/calorie breakdown you want to reach
-if you over-blend or add too much liquid, add 1 tsp xanthan gum to thicken and pop it in the freezer for a few minutes, or add more ice!
Calories: based on 1 scoop whey, 1/4 cup cashew milk, 1/3 cup pumpkin
136 calories (27 g protein, 7 g carbs (2 fiber), 0 fat)
for a TONE of volume and amazing flavor, a must try!
Don’t forget to tag me in your ice cream creations if you try the recipe!