Zucchini Chips, Ranch Style! (fat-free, sugar-free, contest prep friendly!)
These are SO easy and super satisfying if you’re craving a salty (or sweet!) crunch on your diet. Zucchini is so versatile and with a mild flavor and very low calorie content these are a great addition to your diet- not to mention you only need a microwave!
-flavor of your choice (I used Ranch Flavor God Spice available at Herc’s Nutrition in Saskatoon or online here)
- Slice the zucchini as thinly as possible with a sharp knife or mandolin
- Lay the zucchini flat in a single layer on a microwaveable glass plate (you don’t want them to overlap or they won’t crisp)
- Microwave for 3 minutes on one side, flip, microwave for 3 more minutes
- If the chips are not yet “chips,” and still have some wet areas pop back in the microwave for 30 second increments and keep a close eye on them
- Once they are golden brown and crisp to your preference remove from microwave, lay on a paper towel in a single layer, and top with your seasoning (you want to do this while they’re still hot so it sticks!)
- Enjoy warm or let cool and store in an air tight container for later!
Seriously, it’s that easy!
If you have a sweet tooth opt for a cinnamon and sweetener topping, I like to miss cinnamon, brown Sugar Twin, splenda, and a pinch of salt!
I actually prefer doing these in the microwave v.s. the stove as you can get away with no oil/spray/added calories. In the oven I’ve found without oil/spray they stick terribly and fall apart.
You do have to be a bit gentle when flipping them, but it’s worth it. So quick and easy and gives you the crunch you’re looking for!
Let me know if you try them!
Don’t forget to tag me in your creations @ifbbprokyfit on Instagram and @KY Fitness and Nutrition Consulting on Facebook
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! xo