I don’t care if it’s fall and the weather is changing, I still LOVE ice cream and could eat it every single day (and I do!)
My current “ice cream” hack is made possible by the use of the Amino Energy coffee/tea flavor line which I LOVE!
With 100 mg of caffeine in 2 scoops I use this to replace a coffee in my day and benefit from a little pick me up along with a delicious and low-calorie way to curb my sweet tooth 🙂
My favorite flavor is the chai latte, but if that’s not your jam you can try the mocha and caramel flavors too!
It’s SO creamy, so tasty, and has next to no calories- sometimes I even have it twice (ok maybe even 3) x a day!
- 2 scoops Amino Energy coffee/tea flavor of your choice- obviously here I’m using the Chai flavor!
- 5-10 grams minimum (for consistency) vanilla whey protein (you can add more if you want to get your protein in)
- Sugar-Free Pancake Syrup (again for consistency) (I prefer Walden Farms)
- Water (I use 2-3 tbsp, you don’t need much at all, start LOW and add as needed)- you can use a dairy free milk instead
Method: (the order makes a difference!)
- Add ice to your blender (I prefer using the bullet size for my Ninja on this)
- Add 2 scoops Amino Energy and your whey protein
- Drizzle a few tbsp of your sugar-free syrup over top
- Pour in cold water (remember only a bit so it’s creamy not watery!)
- Blend, blend, blend, blend
- Once blended you will have room to add more ice, top it off, blend some more, and you’re done!
Obviously you can get as creative as you like and depending on how low/high you want the calories to be adjust accordingly.
I like this to be almost a “freebie” and not add many calories to my day, so I usually top it with a sprinkle of brown sugar-twin, sugar-free syrup, and a few cacao nibs (pictured here)
Some of my other favorites are: almond or peanut butter, nuts, crumbled rice cakes or puffed rice cereal, and sugar-free chocolate chips!
Try it out and let me know what you think
It’s a favorite of mine FOR sure!
Don’t forget to tag me in your creations @ifbbprokyfit
Remember if you’re a KY Fitness client you get 10% off at Herc’s Nutrition where you can get all ingredients needed for this recipe!