I asked you to VOTE for what recipe should be included in my November newsletter and the winner was, CHIA!
I have been obsessed with chia pudding lately- you may have noticed.
It’s so satisfying and a great way to get some extra greens into your diet while satisfying your sweet tooth at the same time!
Ingredients: (makes one serving)
- 3 tbsp (36 g chia seeds)
- 1 cup liquid of your choice (for lower calorie and dairy free I recommend sugar-free cashew milk)
- 1 scoop of your favorite greens powder (I recommend NFA Cool Cappuccino)
- Optional: cocoa powder (for extra chocolate/less greeny flavor), 0 calorie sweetener, 0 calorie syrup
- Optional: protein powder (if you prefer this as a meal or breakfast feel free to add in your favorite protein!)
That’s IT for the base of your pudding- and actually, all you REALLY need for the base of the chia pudding is the chia and the liquid, everything else is just dependent on your flavor profile preferences and TOPPINGS (the best part)
But, since the focus of this recipe is #health, include the greens and feel good about your healthy choice!
- Mix chia seeds, cashew milk, and greens powder together (optional: shake in a shaker cup for easy mixing!)
- Let sit in an air tight container for a few hours or overnight, the longer it sits the more liquid the chia absorbs and the more “pudding”-like the mixture will become
- When you’re ready to eat, give it a stir, add in any extra sweetener or flavorings you might like, and top!
- For more “super foods” boostin goodness top with cacao nibs, matcha powder, pistachios, berries, and almond butter (100% almonds, no added sugar necessary!) Some of my other favorite toppings include peanut flour and coconut flakes, but you can include any of your favorite fruits, nuts, and seeds as great toppings!
It’s that simple!
If you find the taste of the greens is overpowering I recommend adding 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder, a bit of cinnamon, and some extra 0 calorie sweetener and you’ll hardly notice the greens are there! #healthiswealth
Nutritional Information (not including toppings and using 1 cup of sugar-free cashew milk)
230 calories: 10 g protein, 16 g carbs (14 fiber), 14 g fat
On their own chia seeds are already an amazing nutritional powerhouse loaded with health omega 3 fats, protein, and fiber, but add a scoop of your favorite greens powder and top them with your favorite healthy add ins to boost the value of this healthy pudding even higher!
Don’t forget to tag me in your creations @ifbbprokyfit and share them on Instagram because sharing is caring! 😀