If you follow me on Instagram (and if you’re not, you should be @ifbbprokyfit) you might have seen this beautiful creation I posted the other day- a sneak peak of my “Low-Carb Lemon Cheesecake Pancake” that will be included in my upcoming recipe book (stay tuned!)
I promised that in my October newsletter I would share the recipe with you and I (almost) always follow through on a promise, so here it is! 😉
Low-Carb Lemon Cheesecake Pancake Recipe (complete with sugar-free cream cheese icing!)
- 1/2 cup (126 g) liquid egg whites or 4 egg whites
- 5 g psyllium husk (I get mine at Bulk Barn!)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 0 calorie sweetener of your choice (I use Splenda)
- lemon juice
- 95% fat-free cream cheese (or cream cheese of your choice, adjust macros accordingly)
- Optional: vanilla, cinnamon
For the pancake
- Mix egg whites, psyllium husk, baking powder, and salt until combined (whisk well)
- Add 0 calorie sweetener and lemon juice to your liking (I use abut 1/4 cup of Splenda, which is a lot and about 1/4 tsp lemon juice)- at this point add vanilla/cinnamon as you like
- In a non-stick pan (recommended to spray with cooking oil), cook the pancake with the lid on- when top becomes firm enough and the bottom is cooked through, flip
- Cook for another minute uncovered until cooked through
For sugar-free cream cheese icing
Mix cream cheese with the smallest dash of vanilla, a squirt of lemon juice, and sweeten to your liking with 0 calorie sweetener- that’s it! It tastes JUST like regular cream cheese frosting
Top your cooked pancake with your sugar-free cream cheese icing, optional lemon zest/a skirt of lemon juice, cinnamon, and 0 calorie syrup.
You will NOT be disappointed!
Unlock this Free Premium Content by Subscribing to our Newsletter
Each month I send out the latest news from KY Wellness along with helpful fitness and nutrition tips!
Enter your Email address and subscribe below to view this content!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
This will blow your MIND
With 1 tbsp cream cheese icing using 95% fat-free cream cheese
-16 g protein
-5 g carb (3 of which come from fiber, so 2 net carb)
-1 g fat
AND IT TASTES/FEELS LIKE A REAL PANCAKE!
If you love this recipe as much as I do please share it with your friends, tag me in your creations, and come back to check out the cook book when it’s available!
XOXO, KY FIT