Ep.58 | Sherri Habermehl was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at eight years old. Then, at 33, she was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, an autoimmune thyroid disorder. In this episode, her and Kalli discuss how a whole-food ketogenic diet and therapeutic fasting to help manage her conditions.
Professionally, Sherri is a Student Support Teacher in Saskatchewan with an area of expertise in teaching students with various behaviour and learning challenges. Her favourite part of her job is teaching students with learning difficulties how to read. Sherri studied at the University of Saskatchewan and has the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Physics and Math (2007)
- Bachelor of Education (2009)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Special Education (2013)
- Masters of Education in Special Education (2015)
Personally, Sherri lives on a farm with her husband and two young children.
Sherri’s Recommended Resources:
- Diabetes Solution by Dr. Richard Bernstein
- The Diabetes Code by Dr. Jason Fung