- 1 pound chicken tenderloin, breasts or thighs
- ½ pound mushrooms thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream or full fat yogurt
- Heat half the butter and half of the oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken. Sear in batches until browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add the rest of the butter and oil to the skillet and cook the mushrooms until they are browned and crispy.
- Add the garlic, herbs and chicken stock and deglaze the pan.
- Add the heavy cream and sour cream (or yogurt) and simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Do not boil, the cream can (and will!) split.
- Return your chicken to the pan and toss through the sauce. Cook for five more minutes. or until internal temp of the chicken is 165°F.
Makes 4 servings.
Macros per serving: 27 protein, 4 net carb, 29 fat (400 calories)
Adapted from Sugar Free Mom.