For the cake you need:
- 3 cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup unflavoured whey protein powder
- 3 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup softened butter
- ⅔ cup granulated erythritol
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup water
For the glaze you need:
- ⅓ cup powdered erythritol
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, protein powder, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt.
- In separate, large bowl, beat the butter with the sweetener until well combined. Beat in the eggs. Then, beat in the lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla extract.
- Beat half of the almond mixture in, then beat in the water. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add the batter into the prepped pan and smooth the top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until top is deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered erythritol and lemon juice until smooth. If too thin, add a bit more powdered sweetener. If too thick, at a bit more liquid (water or lemon juice).
- Drizzle glaze over the cooled cake. Enjoy!
Macros: 273cal. 23.2g fat. 7.5g carbs. 4.1g net carbs. 10g protein.
Adapted (and photo) from All Day I Dream About Food.